Friday, June 12, 2009

Mother's Day







I LOVE being a Mom! I've often said that Brykn is the best thing that ever happened to me; and, it's very true. We have our moments, and I know that I'm far from Mother of the Year, but Brykn and I have a very special bond.

This Mother's Day Brykn gave me a handmade necklace that he had created at the babysitter's house. I ABSOLUTELY love it! It's a metal washer that has been covered in paper and modge podged. Then, twine has been added so it can be hung from my neck. It's darling--and the best part is that Brykn made it for me. He was so excited to give it to me, too. He came just a running in with his newspaper wrapped presents saying, "My made it for you, Mom!" Just thinking about how proud he was of this necklace brings tears to my eyes. He also made me a plate that says, "Love, Brykn" on it. He has colored around the outside edge and has added hand-picked stickers to the edges.

Brykn, you will never know how much your Mom loves you, because you will never be a mother. But, I want you to know that you mean EVERYTHING to me and I am so proud to be your Mom. Love you!

1 comment:

My Life Changing Journey said...

I loved those specail little hand made gifts. Great job Brykn, the necklace is darling and the best part is you made it.