Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Brykn!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Happy Birthday Brykn!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Brykn's birthday was great! He was so cute when he woke up and I told him that today was birthday day--he immediately starting singing the Happy Birthday song. When we came down the stairs, he saw his swimming pool and presents and just went a running. Little did he know, there was a trampoline--the thing he really wanted--just outside the window. After opening some clothes, a Wii game, and a marshmellow roaster, he caught the trampoline out of the corner of his eye. He ran to the window and said, "Hey, there's my trampoline!" I was thinking this was pretty cute until he said, "Wait...where's the dang latter?" I was totally speechless--I had to hug him to keep from strangling him. :)

After opening all the presents inside, we went outside to jump on the trampoline, which, by the way, is incredibly hard to put together. Brandon and I started at 7:00 pm in the dusk light. At about step 14 of 18, we learned that we completed step 1 wrong. That's right--we had to undo all our progress and start from scratch. %$#@! After lots of colorful, not really birthday spirit words, we finally got it together. Holy smolly.


Brykn's party was all done in cowboys and horses. Brykn told everyone he was having a "orse" party. Complete with a "orse" cake and chuckwagon grub, the party was a ton of fun. Some of the highlights of the party were: a bike from Grandma Lauri, a fishing vest and hat from Grandma Sally, Play-Do from Grandpa Buck, and even $103 from Grandpa Mike. Totally spoiled, I tell you...totally spoiled--just they way kids should be!

Birthday parties are a LOT of work, but totally worth it when you see the looks on their innocent little faces. I just love that Brykn knew the entire day was just about him. He's growing so much every day and I can't believe that 3 years have gone by so fast. Happy Birthday Brykn!

1 comment:

My Life Changing Journey said...

What a party!!! So much work, so much fun and so much hype. So sad it is all over so fast. I am with Brykn lets do another party....
Brykn was so thankful and so cute with all those who came and all the gifts he got. I don't know who had a better time Brykn or Hopes.