Friday, June 12, 2009

Easter Sunday
















Brykn finally understood the point of an Easter Egg Hunt this year--hooray! The funniest part was that if he picked up something he didn't like, he would ask the kid next to him if they wanted it--he's such a giver! He had a great time hunting for the eggs and was purely delighted when he saw the presents left by the Easter bunny. Brykn was really unsure about the Easter Bunny leaving eggs around the house. He was insistent that the Bunny should not have made a mess at our house! Too funny...
When it came to dying Easter eggs, I couldn't help but think of Grandpa Hopes. I loved dying eggs with him. He always sat in the same chair at the bar in Grandma and Grandpa's house. He had one egg in every color and I'm pretty sure he enjoyed dying the eggs as much or more than we all did. Don't worry, Grandpa, we dyed an egg just for you!

1 comment:

My Life Changing Journey said...

Seeing Brykn dyeing eggs so reminds me of Grandpa. HE so loved dyeing eggs. I am with Brykn hooray for PURPLE! Now that is a smart kid.