Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fa La La La La!













Well, Christmas this year was absolutely AWESOME! Brykn was so much fun. He was all into Santa and the reindeer. Jamie, my babysitter, sent home some oatmeal for reindeer food with strict instructions to sprinkle the food on the lawn. But, Brykn was insistent that the food was going on the front porch, on the "ement" rather than the grass--which was okay, because it was easier to clean up. :)

I was really glad we remembered to sweep up the reindeer food too, because that was the first thing Brykn asked about when he woke up Christmas morning. He was cute with the presents, but he was totally facinated with the fact that reindeer had been on OUR front porch!

The highlight for this year's Christmas was Play Doh (complete with 50 different Play Doh tools! The really funny thing about this one is that it's got a lot of kitchen type tools. Well, there is a tool that makes cupcake sprinkles...but, Brykn thinks it makes deer poop. Yes, deer poop. He gets the biggest kick out of it!), a scooter (and "scooter hat"), and a horse trailer and truck complete with horses, cows, barn and fence (which Brykn sits in). Oh, and we can't forget the sled. Luckily, we have had a fair amount of snow to use that sled on this year. For me; however, the highlight was a necklace from Brykn, a really cool door my Mom gave to me, and a beautiful fire place Brandon bought for our bedroom. And, even though he's never said what the highlight of Brandon's Christmas was, I hope the highlight for Brandon's year was the photo book Brykn and I gave to him.
I know everyone says how the holidays really are "all about family." But, it's true. As I've gotten older I've realized just how important family is; and, I'm so grateful for mine! When I look back, and as I look to the future, it really is "all about family."

3 comments:

My Life Changing Journey said...

That's my little buddy, a grin from ear to ear! Christmas is so much fun when your kids are little, and it's those Christmas when we were kids our selves that we adults remember with such fondness. I so hope you have fun, fond memories of Christmas as a kid.

Kel said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Geez santa was sure busy this year with the gator Golf, It was a hit at our house too.!

Niki said...

I hope you and Brykn have hours of fun making reindeer poop!! Sounds like a great Christmas!