Thursday, January 29, 2009

First Night


1/29/09
From Mom: Well, I made it through the first night okay. I was glad to get to the first night’s lodging or hut. I still can’t believe I am here. Saw monkeys on the way. It’s very green and thick. Oh & I have to be positive about my job. Average years pay here is $450.00 per YEAR! So, go easy on the 44 oz Diet Cokes. Love Ya, Mom, Lauri, and Grandma

1/29/09
From Tiffany: Awesome! I am so proud of you! You have had tons of replies to your messages. They are on your blog and mine. I told Brykn you saw monkeys and he wants to know if you have got his elephant. He says we can put it in the barn. Hang in there today! You are doing great. And, the picture was awesome. We love you!

From Sana: I love knowing you are loving your walk. Those huts are a welcome site. Africa is in every breath. May He continue to watch over your every step.

No comments: