Monday, December 22, 2008

Here Comes Santa Claus












Christmas is just about here and we are all really excited! Brykn has been absolutely hysterical about this whole Santa thing. I just love the curiousity, the excitement, and the wonder. I'm convinced that Christmas Spirit (including the reindeer and elves) lives in 2-year olds; and, what better way to spend a magical time of year?

Brykn was awe-struck with Santa when we went to see him at the mall. He wasn't scared a bit. In fact, he jumped right up on his lap. He didn't talk to Santa right away, but the look on his face was really funny. Santa gave Brykn a coloring book and candy cane and Brykn was delighted. After we left Santa's lap, Brandon asked Brykn what he asked Santa for and Brykn suddenly realized that he didn't ask Santa for a new "Dung, (aka, gun.) So, through the line we went again. This time Brykn wasn't shy at all. He asked Santa immediately for the gun. He didn't have much to say besides that!

At Brandon's Dad's family Christmas party, Santa also makes an appearance and brings each of the kids a present (courtesy of Mom and Dad). When Brykn heard his name called for his present, he jumped off my lap and went right to Santa. He sat on his lap and didn't say much, but was thrilled with the matchbox cars. Apparently, the Santa suit has been passed from Brandon's Great-Grandfather, Grandpa Beede. He played Santa for years when his grand kids were little. Now, Brandon's uncle Todd has stepped up to the plate. He's a funny Santa and the kids and adults seem to enjoy that part of the party the very best!

I am really excited for Christmas morning. I think Brykn is going to have so much fun opening presents. And, I think Brandon and I (and Santa too!) are going to have the best Christmas yet!

1 comment:

Leisha said...

I can't believe that he climbed right up on his lap!!! Avery kept telling me that she wanted to sit on Santa's lap, but every time we went through the line she would get up to the front and turn and walk away...talk about frustrating!!!
I LOVE Christmas too because of the excitement of those cute little kids...I can't believe it's all over!!!