Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trick or Treat
















This year Halloween was a blast! Brykn was old enough to say "Trick or Treat" this year and once he caught on that he got candy when he rang the door, he was really into it. I even made his costume this year. Mom always told me that I would want to know how to sew one day and boy was she right. All in all, our "Inian" costumes turned out really cute. I wanted Brandon to dress up, but he wasn't all that interested in a costume. I told him he would look great in a loin cloth, but he wasn't buying that either. I still would've liked to see it! :)

Dad also grew a pumpkin patch for Brykn. He had white pumpkins and the traditional orange pumpkins. Brykn thought getting them out of the patch was great fun.

Brandon's mom holds a Halloween party every year where the kids can carve pumpkins. Brykn was really funny. He didn't mind digging out the pumpkin guts. And, when it was all over, he was really proud of his pumpkin. We put it on the porch and lit it with candles. It's a really fun tradition for the kids!

Then, on Halloween night we go to Jeannie's house for her Halloween party. Chad, Kelli, Tate and Jeannie were the Disney clan--their costumes were darling! I really love the picture where Tate is looking at Brykn and Brykn is looking at Tate. They both look like they are thinking, "Why'd you wear that?" Thanks Aunt Jeannie--we love the party.

Speaking of parties, since Halloween feel on a Friday this year, Brandon and I decided to go out with some friends. Wow--we has such a fun time! We danced until the wee hours of the morning. The funniest part of the evening was when this really old guy (he must've been pushing 90) came up to me and asked me to dance. All my friends were cheering the old duffer on and Brandon just kept hollering "Make us some money, Honey!" Finally, about 2 hours after we arrived I had to break the poor guy's heart and tell him I was married. He found Brandon and told him, "You sure are a lucky guy, she's the best dancer in the whole place." Too funny.

Here's to a really fun Halloween! (Look for more pictures on the next posting.)

No comments: