Sunday, November 30, 2008

A lot to be Thankful for...


This year for Thanksgiving, we went to Sally's house for the traditional turkey and fixins. As we visited before dinner, I asked Janette to take a picture of our cute little family. When I saw the picture, it almost made me want to cry. For some strange reason, looking at us all smiling just happy to be together struck a cord with me.


I am such a lucky girl! I have an amazing husband who is a dedicated, hard worker and who loves me unconditionally. Despite the little quibbles from time to time that seem to be an inevitable part of marriage, I can honestly say that he would do nearly anything on Earth for me or for Brykn. And, for that I am lucky. I'm not saying that I always realize how lucky I am, but I know that I am lucky nonetheless.


Then, there's Brykn. I distinctly remember right after Brykn was born thinking to myself, "People tell me this is the best day of your life...I'm not sure I believe them." And, after a very long night of labor and three hours of pushing, I really was not sure. But now, I understand. Brykn is so full of life, so fun, so, well, everything. And, in hindsight, that day truly was the best day of my life. Every night before he goes to bed, I kiss him and say, "I love you more than anything in the whole world." And, he replies, "Whole world."


This year, I am thankful to be the wife of one wonderful man and the mother to a wonderful boy. Sometimes both Brandon and Brykn's halos are held up with horns, but deep down I know they are both angels; and, for whatever reason, God sent them to me.


Very, very thankful...


1 comment:

Grandma Sally said...

I may be "Biased" but "YES" you are a lucky girl, but the boys are just as lucky, as they have "YOU"! You are more special than you may realize, I admire you and all you do! You put your heart and sole into virtually everything and that makes you just Glow! I am very lucky to have you part of my life and witness what a fantastic wife and mother you are! I believe my son and grandson are 2 of the happiest people on earth. Thank You! I love you very much!