Monday, October 6, 2008

Tonsils

Arriving at Primary Children's


Pre Surgery Exam

Well, after 2 years of wheezing breathing, throwing up, and feeling lousy, we finally bit the bullet and had Brykn's tonsils and adnoids out. What an ordeal! He was a little trouper to say the least. When we got to the hospital and registered, the registration clerk gave both Brandon and I sticker's with Brykn's name on them to wear on our shirts. This is so the physicians and nurses can easily identify which parent goes with each child. Brykn wanted a sticker so badly! So, after taking my sticker off my shirt at least four times, I finally had the clerk make him a sticker of his own. He was SO proud! In the picture above, you can see his "BRYKN" sticker--exactly where he put it, on his belly and crooked as can be! Too cute.

After surgery, I got to go into the PACU (post anesthesia care unit) to be with him. He was asleep--sound asleep on his belly. I asked the nurses if they layed him on his tummy and they told me no, that he had woken up, started to cry, flopped over and went right back to sleep. I had to snicker because Brykn has always been a tummy sleeper.

We spent the rest of the day and that night at the hospital. He started feeling better and was able to eat some chicken noodle soup and jello, but the look on his face was sheer misery. While I really hated seeing him sick, he was so cuddley! I haven't been able to hold him on my chest for a long time; and, that's really all he wanted to do. Hopefully we will be able to get to the bottom of what is causing him so many breathing problems. But, I sure hope we can do it without another trip to the OR at Primary Childrens.

2 comments:

My Life Changing Journey said...

What a long ordeal, hope it is finally over and Brykn stays healthy

Grandma Sally said...

He was such a trooper! Now we are on the road to recovery. It broke my heart to see him lay there but he amazed me to the end. Hopefully the end to all these problems if finally on the mend.