Thursday, October 9, 2008

On the Move


We finally moved the barn! I couldn't believe it went as well as it did. Brandon told me the morning of move day that he was going to pick it up and set it down and that I would be sooooo impressed. I laughed at him! But, I have to admit, that's exactly what happened. First, they started by chopping off the bottom part of the barn so they could saw the posts off at the ground. Once that was done and the posts had been cut, they literally picked the barn up with backhoes, moved it 16 feet forward and sat it down again--right in the saddle posts! I was a nervous wreck while it was happening, but totally stunned when it was over. I've never really looked at Brandon as a construction foreman, but WOW I have to say that he did REALLY good!

3 comments:

Niki said...

Amazing, isn't it, what men can do when they really want too! I'm glad to hear everything went smooth!

My Life Changing Journey said...

amazing, I was will you. I really thought oh my gosh the barn is going to be in a pile on the lawn. Not that I was doubting Brandon's ability or your Dad's but who goes moving a BARN. I agree it is so funny what men can do if they want to. I have ask for my outside taps to be fixed so there isn't more water running on the cement than there is on the grass. I gave up.

Grandma Sally said...

I remember a time when Brandon told me he was always going to rent so that he would just have to call the landlord to fix things. Well times sure have changed and even though I had my doubts I knew he could do it! (Just a proud Mom). Watching Brykn drive the tractor away was priceless I giggled all the way home, Dads little helper and so darn cute.