Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pioneer Day


Since before Brandon was born the Ogden Pioneer Day parade and rodeo has been a tradition in the Jensen family. Sally made the comment that she hasn't missed the parade in 52 years; and, she is 52 years old. So, for us, the Pioneer Day festivities are a given. We go to the parade in the morning and the rodeo at night. Lucky for us, Grandma Sally goes early to both events to save seats. Brykn didn't think much of the floats at the parade, but was facinated by the tractors. And when the horses came down the road, he was so worried that they would get hit by the cars. He just kept saying, "Get outta da road!" and swishing his little hands.
In the past few years the rodeo has gotten to be quite the production. But, despite the action in the arena, Brykn had a hard time sitting still. When he couldn't take any more sitting, we took him for a walk and a hot dog and chips. We stood next to the bull pen which was all good and dandy, especially since he could feed the bulls his potato chips--which they really liked too. The funniest part was when the bull riding began started he said, "That one ate my tato chips!"

2 comments:

My Life Changing Journey said...

Oh my gosh I can imagine going to that Da-- parade for 52 years, five was plenty for me.

Grandma Sally said...

Well really it has only been "51" years, but I have great memories with my parents growing up, now I get to share it with my little ones that mean more to me than anything in the world. Thanks to my wonderful kids for all your support. Brykn you light up my Life!!