Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mr. Independent






This year is going too fast! It's already the 4th of July. I can't believe it. This year was especially fun because we had a lot going on over the holiday. On the 3rd, Grandma and Grandpa came to our house and we did fireworks. Brykn didn't like watching them go off nearly as much as he liked helping Dad light them....hum...wonder if I have an arsonist in the making...

On the morning of the 4th, Mom and I ran yet another 5K. It was a lot of fun, mostly because it was a flat run. It's the hills that kill ya! I bettered my time at this one--34 minutes and 4 seconds. And, I probably could have run it faster if I would have known they were timing! Oh well, we had a great time anyway.

Next, we were off for the annual breakfast at the West Weber church. Last year we went to the breakfast (Brandon went really begrudingly) and I was stunned when they did a bike parade for all the kids. I was so bummed that we didn't know about it and that Brykn didn't have an entry. So this year I vowed to make sure Brykn had a bike to ride as well. But, he still hasn't got the full concept of peddeling yet, so we opted for the wagon. He really didn't know what all the fuss was about...he was just excited to finally be able to wear his chaps outside! Everyone at the parade thought his wagon and get-up was wonderful. And, I am likely a little biased, but I thought his entry was the best one!

Finally, we headed off for a weekend of camping. We didn't go far from home, but we had a GREAT time. We went to North Fork by Pineview Dam. There were lots of highlights, but the two best were going to the annual Liberty celebration to watch the fireworks and seeing a huge moose not far from our camp. Brykn was serious as could be when he asked Grandpa in a really quiet whisper, "Where's my rope?" He was determined to rope and ride that huge bull moose! We didn't get any great pictures of the moose since the camera wasn't close, but it's a picture in my mind I doubt I'll ever forget. Happy 4th!








2 comments:

My Life Changing Journey said...

I think I'm a little bias also, of course he was the cute little pararde participant. The weekend was great fun and we are all looking forward to going back. TJ fasination with fire also started with fireworks....hum...not a good thing.

Kel said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! The wagon way darling, good job Martha! And good job on he run! Way to go!