Thursday, March 27, 2008

Who Needs More than One?





As a kid, I went to the Goshen Easter Egg Hunt every year. It was fun, it was exciting, and it was tradition. Wanting to pass the Easter Egg Hunt fun on to Brykn, I found a really fun Easter Egg Hunt at a private house just up the street from us. They do a really nice hunt with lots of great candy, a big breakfast, and the Easter Bunny even makes an appearance. When we got there, I coached and choached my little Brykn about picking up the eggs and putting them in his basket. He kept saying, "Okay, Mom." That was until it was time to actually put the eggs in the basket. Then, all he had to say was, "No, thanks." I tried and tried to get him to join in the fun and excitment of the other kids, but he really wasn't interested. Finally, I got him to gather one measily egg when he said, "That's good." At least he isn't stingy!

Easter day was so much fun too! Brykn didn't have any idea who the Easter Bunny was or what all the gifts were about, but he did know that he LOVED the "TREATS!!!" I don't think it was 10 minutes before every sucker in his basket had been opened, licked, and thrown down on the carpet. Brykn seemed to like his Easter gifts, but liked my gift from the Easter Bunny even better. Brandon bought me a fly fishing rod. Brykn, however, didn't know it was to fish--he thought it was a gun. He kept putting it to his eye and saying, "Pekew! Shoot it!"

No comments: