Friday, March 7, 2008

A Fine Fit







Awe, the notorious terrible twos. I haven't really given the terrible twos much thought, but at 21 months, it is evident we have hit them a titch early. And, wow, the drama! It's amazing how upset the smallest things can make a little boy! This picture was the second fit of the day. The first occurred this morning when we got out of the car at school. The bottom of Brykn's cowboy boots were dirty--the nerve of those boots! I tried to tell him that it didn't matter because he was just going to walk on them, but that didn't suffice. Instead, as soon as he was out of the car seat, the tears began a rolling and he feel to the ground. Yes, right there in the parking lot! While I wanted nothing more than to yank him off the ground, I kept my cool. I simply told him that when we was done crying and throwing his fit, he could let me know and we would go inside. He looked at me through those big tears and said, "Lay. Cry." I asked him if he wanted to lay there and cry and he very promptly told me yes. So, there he lay just a screaming. I'm sure the othere mothers who were taking their kids into school thought the child had been beaten. Finally, he got up off his belly and decided that playing with the kids sounded funner than crying in the parking log. Whew....

I'm not really sure what the second fit was all about. I know he was ticked at his 4-wheeler, but before I knew what was going on, he was laying on the ground again crying. I just walked out of his sight, watched, and snapped pictures. It wasn't too long before he was back arguing with the blasted 4-wheeler again. I think he inherited his father's temper! :)

No comments: