Saturday, March 15, 2008

Country Kid



There is no doubt that Brykn is a country kid. He loves to be outside, is facinated with the barn, won't go anywhere without his boots, and wants to "rideahorse" every chance he can. Grandpa Hopes used to say that "there's nothing better than a country kid if a country kid is raised right." Well, I don't know about the raising right idea, but I've learned that kids come by their ways naturally.

I remember being in highschool and wanting nothing more than to live "in town." It was a pain for my dates to drive to Goshen to pick me up, it was a 25 minute drive home so I usually had to leave parties or social gatherings early to make it home by my curfew, and I felt like we lived 10 miles south of nowhere. It wasn't until I lived in the rat-race of Temecula, California that I understood why people love the country lifestyle--and that the country lifestyle was exactly what I wanted.

I am so glad that we live in the country and that my little Brykn will have the opportunity to growup as a country kid!

1 comment:

Kel said...

We should find them a cow and enter them up as partners on their horses!