Saturday, March 10, 2012

You're a Grand Old Flag!







"Tribute to America!" Yup, that was the flavor of the night and was it ever spectacular! The entire West Weber Elementary School dressed in Red T-Shirts and paid tribute to the land of the free and the home of the brave! The first school program West Weber has had in 10 years, this was truly a night to remember!

I don't know if I've ever felt a more proud moment as when that curtain opened and he was on the front row singing like a super star. I've always thought it was crazy when people would cry with pride...but that night the smile on my face was the size of Texas and I had tears in my eyes. Partially because I seriously can't believe he's this big! And, secondly, because I am just so stinking proud of him.

I'll never forget that he was the only kid with his shirt tucked in! And that belt buckle--it shined like a neon beacon!

Brykn's class sang "You're a Grand Old Flag" and I'm telling you what, there has never been a musical rendition more practiced than that one! Harlee even caught on to the words. I might be partial, but the kindergartner's number was the best one of the whole night!

1 comment:

Grandma Sally said...

I had the time of my life watching him! Awesome job Buddy