Sunday, March 11, 2012

Just 10 Things You Should Know…


(Brykn, self photo...with my camera...when I wasn't looking)

Every day when we say goodnight, I ask my angels if they know how much their mom loves them. Brykn, now a mighty five-year-old, rolls his eyes and says, “Just a little bit.” I snuggle him tight and say, “WRONG! I love you more than anything in the whole wide world.” Harlee, on the other hand, still hasn’t caught on to the game and usually says, “Nigh, Nigh, My lub ew.”

Well, tonight I’m changing it up a bit, Brykn. I’m going to tell you 10 things you should absolutely know…

Brykn...

10. I love the way you come snuggle with me on the couch on Saturday morning. You have no idea how much I miss cuddling you. You’ve gotten so big and I’m not even sure where the time has gone! Thanks for taking a minute to remind me how much I love your hugs when you’ve just gotten out of bed!

9. I love the fact that you are always on the go! I had a neighbor once tell me that the thing she misses the most about having her children be small is the noise. I thought she was crazy…and, well, there are still sometimes I think she is. But, I love the fact that you are an active little guy who is always up for an adventure.

8. I love making music with you! I love dancing and singing while you rock out on the guitar—even if we do look completely crazy!

7. I love taking you to the bus every morning. Despite how hectic our mornings are, the very best part of my day is when I get to kiss you as the bus pulls up, tell you to have a great day, and pat your but as you run for the bus steps. Thanks for kissing me—in public! (I know that’s not going to last long.)

6. I love watching you become a cowboy superstar! I can’t believe how brave you are and how good of a little cowboy/horse trainer you are becoming. You remind me of another Burnett cowboy when you ride horse!

5. I love that you are such an amazing brother. You help Harlee, you stick up for her, and you love her. You have no idea how proud that makes me!

4. I love seeing the projects you bring home from kindergarten and the pride in your eyes as you show them to me. It’s amazing to me how much you have learned in just a few months. You’re getting to be a fantastic reader!

3. I love reading to you every night. I love how it takes you 15 minutes to choose 2 books to read. I love how you beg me to read it again…and I do. I love that this is special time for just the two of us.

2. I love that you have a soft side. You are a thoughtful, kind person who cares about others. You are always willing to share, you treat others nicely, and you truly care about other people’s feelings.

1. And, of course, I love that you are mine. And, because I am lucky enough to be your mom, I get to tell you that I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD! 

2 comments:

Grandma Sally said...

There is something special about raising Boy's....but then that's all I had... but I do know that no matter what they hold your Heart forever!!!

My Life Changing Journey said...

Oh my you make me cry. You are such a cute Mom who loves her children soooo very much. Those two little ones don't really understand your love, but will one day when they have thier own children...