Friday, May 14, 2010

Everything I've Ever Wanted




This Mother's Day was really special for me. The kids gave me a really cute T-Shirt they made at Jamie's house that has their picture on it. Then, Brandon and the kids got me some nice cards and gift cards to the mall--hooray!

As I finished opening my T-Shirt (of which Brykn didn't want me to wear because he was afraid I would get grass stains on it), I glaced at my kids sitting next to me and I was overcome with emotion. My eyes instantly filled with tears. At that very moment I realized that I have everything I've ever wanted. I have a husband who loves me, 2 beautiful kids, a place to call home, and a large extended family. As we go through life it's so easy to feel like what you have isn't enough--like you need more "stuff," more possessions, more, more, more. But, what I don't think we realize often enough is that the secret to having it all is recognizing that you already do. And, I do.

I am so humbled by the blessings in my life. Every morning when I look at my kids (who are often next to me in the bed) and Brandon kisses me goodbye, I feel so lucky. I certainly don't deserve everything I have been blessed with.

On this Mother's Day I realized that the ONE thing that REALLY matters in my life is what I write on the slates of my children's future. I just hope and pray I do them justice.

2 comments:

My Life Changing Journey said...

You are so right, we all need to look around at waht really is important, and see just how blessed we all are. We all need to see we can't take all our STUFF with us, but memories and love stick with us forever.

I remember telling you so many times you would never understand the love I have for you and TJ, that was until you had children of your own. NOW you understand. And all those gifts made by tiny little hands that I always loved getting and cherished more than anything, NOW you understand. There really isn't a better gift that one that comes from the heart and is hand made with tiny hands.

I ma SO proud of the cute little MOM you are. Brykn & Harlee are so very lucky to have you as theirs. I am also the luckiest MOM & Grandma is the world, with 2 bright and beautiful kids and without a doubt the most precious and beautiful grandkids ever!
I love you Babe, Happy Mothers Day 2010....

Grandma Sally said...

Tiff, You are one lucky MOM, and need I even say what a great one At that? You have touch me so deeply with your words! As a Mother/Grandmother I know "Yes Children are Everything".