Friday, June 6, 2008

Two.






Wow! Time has gone by so fast I can't believe it. I can remember the day Brykn was born like it was just earlier today. And yet, I look at him and he's walking (well, running) and talking (sometimes saying things I'm not all that proud of), and being 100% boy. I am loving every minute of it.

Brykn's birthday was a whole lot of fun. He finally got the concept that it was his birthday and not Grandma Sally's. When he finally understood that the party was for him, he was unbelieveably excited. It was so funny to watch him. He opened the presents like they were the last one's he'd ever get and he rode his new 4-wheeler (or, as he calls it, "The BIG truck!) with gusto. All in all, Brykn's birthday was wonderful.

Despite the slide that Grandma and Grandpa Wall gave him and the rumbling truck Grandma Sally gave him, and the hundreds of dollars Brandon and I spent on this little guy's big day, probably the best gift he and I both received was the bolo tie that Hopes gave to him. She had put the tie in the card. When she handed the card to me I wondered why it was so lumpy. When he opened it, the tears just started flowing! Even though Brykn was born after Grandpa passed away, I know they have a connection. Sometimes Brykn looks at me and you can see so many of Grandpa's traits. It's amazing.

Happy Birsday Buddy--Mommy loves you!

1 comment:

My Life Changing Journey said...

Yes, what a PARDY it was. Mom did a wonderful job with the dinner and the John Deere theme, it all fits you so well. You are truly just a country boy through and through. I got the biggest kick out of you Brykn, as you were so excited with everything you recieved, and it didn't take you long to get the whole MONEY concept. Like your Mom, I to see Grandpa Hopes in you more and more. I hope will always cherish the Bolo-tie, as it was one of the last one's Grandpa Hopes made. It also meant alot for "Hopes" to give it to you, for him.
The past two years have gone by so quickly, but then again the past 28have done the same. Once again HAPPY-HAPPY BIRSDAY Brykn, I Love you very, very, much. Love Mam-Maw