Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Surprise

Wow! I was so surprised for Mother's Day. Since Brandon broke my digital camera in attempt to get the absolutely perfect Christmas card picture, I have felt like I've been missing out on documenting Brykn's perfect little life. I've tried to capture things with the good 'ol 35 mm, and the throw-away jobs, but it's just not the same as digital. So, for Mother's Day, Brandon and Brykn bought me a whole digital camera suit! A pink Olympus camera, a printer/copy/fax, a camera case, and a memory disk. Brandon was so proud of himself for choosing a printer that even had a mail-in rebate! I laughed and told him it wouldn't be long before he would be clipping coupons--something he teases me about relentlessly.
As thrilled as I was with the camera and slew of gadgets, I was even more thrilled with the precious gift Brykn gave to me. Brykn held a gift bag, complete with tissue paper and, as he gave it to me he said, "My make it at Jamie's house!" He had a smile from ear to ear. I opened the gift sack and Brykn had made me the best gift of all-- a plate with his painted hand print. He picked out a green butterfly to put on it as well. He was so proud of his creation and I was so proud of him!

No comments: