Friday, June 17, 2011

Surprise Winner

In her new role as Trauma Coordinator, my mom has worked diligently to ensure that Mountain View Hospital receives it's trauma designation. Part of the requirements for trauma designation includes outreach education. So, she has been working with the local EMS agencies to provide them with needed education that helps create the best possible outcome for trauma patients treated at Mountain View Hopsital. As a result of all this education, the EMS folks have been extremely grateful. Well, her friend, Andie, called and asked if I'd help her nominate my mom for the Utah "Friends of EMS Award." Of course I helped! And, great news--she won! The funny thing is that we needed to get her to St. George for the banquet without telling her why we were going. Eeeek! So, Andie and I came up with the idea of asking her to present at the conference. We were both so excited and thought it was a sure fire way to get her to there. Boy were we wrong!!! She thought that presenting at the conference was the stupidest idea she'd ever heard! Well, after weeks of talking and convincing, we finally got her to agree--very reluctantly, but agree nontheless. She had her presentation put to powerpoint and all ready to go! These photos are from the event. Surprise, Mom! You're a winner in all our eyes!

2 comments:

My Life Changing Journey said...

Oh my gosh, I will never live what it took to get me to St. George down. Thank you for your role in the award. I still thinkn someone else was more deserving. And now I really to live up to the Award. I will keep going, teaching and helping as much as I can. Love you

jeannie said...

Geez , I never thought it would so dang hard to honor someone!!!
Way to Lauri & Tiff for getting her down there!!!