Saturday, March 19, 2011

"Damn It, Mom!"

Brykn has a complete come-undone if his shirt is untucked. He was wrestling me and being really rough. So, I untucked the back of his shirt. Wow! That lit a fire! After he threw his fit and went back to wrestling, I untucked the front of his shirt and that was the last straw. Out of no where he said, "DAMN IT, MOM!" Brandon lost it--he was laughing (into his folded arm) so hard that he spit Coke out his nose. I said to Brykn while trying not to laugh myself, "Brykn, you don't say that word. That's not a nice word." To which he responded, in a quieter voice than the first time but with just as much passion, "Damn it, Mom." I was stunned and Brandon was now struggling to catch his breath through laughter. I responded, "The next time you say that, you will get hot sauce in your mouth." And the response I got...

"Well, how hot is the hot sauce, Mom?"

I was speachless. 100% speechless. And Brandon? Face beat red, tears rolling down the cheeks and coke dripping from his chin in complete laughter. I'm in for it...really in for it...

4 comments:

Grandma Sally said...

That darn shirt cracks me up! But you have to admit he is one "Put Together Handsome Little Dude"! Love your Buddy.

jeannie said...

Don't mess with his shirt and you won't hear bad words!!!
He is so damn cute!!

Niki said...

I really hope you keep a journal of all the funny stuff that kids says! Seriously hilarious!

My Life Changing Journey said...

Damn it , would you buy the blasted shirt one size bigger, so there is no problem with keeping in tucked in. Low stress, no swear words, and a happy little buddy.