Saturday, May 24, 2014

Wrestler Kid

This past year Brykn started wrestling. Everyone has been really surprised at just how naturally talented he is. I never dreamed I'd be a wrestler's mom....but I am--and VERY proud one at that! My t-shirt says, "My wrestler pinned your honor student." When Brykn asked what an honor student was, I told him it was someone who was good at school. Then, Brandon had to jump in quick and tell Brykn that it would really be best if he were both a good wrestler and an honor student.

I try very hard to be a calm, relaxed wrestler mom...but I'm just not. It's very hard to watch your child fight with everything they've got. At the first tournament, I really wanted to just rip Brykn's opponent's arms off. Brandon had to remind me that just across the mat that kid had a very nice family who wanted their child to do well just as bad as we wanted ours to. Now, that is a really good and rational thought...but it didn't do too much for my emotions. Once the match started again, the protective, "don't hurt my child or I will mess you up, Buddy" thoughts came rushing back.

I'm not sure why I get so nervous. Check out some of these winner photos! And, the "Wrestler of the Week" following the Christy's Clash tournament.(The photo of him on the podium.)



This is Jay--one of Brykn's favorite coaches.





No comments: