Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cute Little Turkeys

I have the cutest little turkeys every! No, really, its true. And this Thanksgiving I am SO thankful for them! (Okay, really, I have 2 little turkeys and one big Tom!)

This Thanksgiving we made turkeys from Oreo cookies. They were meant to go on popsicle sticks, but we couldn't get the sticks to hold our heavenly treats, so we ditched that idea and put them on a platter. It was a really fun family activity and the kids were super proud of their creations. And, wow, it was an intense! Just look at the concentration on those faces!

They were also super proud of the artwork they made in school. When Brykn came home from the "1st Grade Feast" and pulled out the hat, shirt, necklace, and drum he made, Harlee was right behind him saying, "I made a turkey hat too!" The look of pride on her face as she pulled out her turkey headband was like nothing I've ever seen. It was like she was saying, "See, I'm just as big as him!"

Love those little kids!






2 comments:

Grandma Sally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma Sally said...

Love those little "Turkeys"! They look so sweet all dressed up in their turkey wear!!! I loved the Oreo Turkeys they were wonderfully creative. They are growing so fast, it is so fun to watch you enjoying every minute of it, your a wonderful MOM!! XOXO