Friday, April 6, 2012

I'll Just Call You Grandpa...

Isn't it funny when kids figure out that their grandparents are actually your parents? It's like a light bulb buzzes on and they realize how the whole puzzle fits together. Sometimes a dysfunctional puzzle, but a puzzle nonetheless. Brykn has known for some time that Grandma and Grandpa Wall (aka Grandma Lauri and Grandpa) are my parents. In fact, he's referred to them on more than one occasion as "your parents." Particularly when he's giving weight to something he and Grandma have conjured up....And, well, there's a lot of conjuring and mischief between the two of them. It typically begins like, "Your mom said (insert mischief here)."

Terral Fawn Wall...aka, "Grandpa"
We just, however, had a new discovery..."Grandpa" has a real name! Holy cow! Who knew? When did this happen, anyway? This unique discovery occurred over a fun afternoon of roping sheep--we're country kids, what can I say? Brykn said to my dad, "Grandpa, what's your REAL name?" Grandpa said, "My name is Terral Fawn Wall." To which Brykn responded with a very puzzled/concerned/dumbfounded, "Humm....I think I'll just call you Grandpa."

Great plan, little dude. Great plan. I think that's the name he likes best, anyway.

1 comment:

jeannie said...

Love That pic of Grampa ( I think I will still call him BUck!!!)