Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas Lights







I've heard it said that you can tell a lot about a man by the way he handles Christmas lights...I really hate to guess what that says about Brandon. Now Brykn, on the other hand, is easy to pinpoint: so excited!

Brykn was ecstatic when we decided to hang the Christmas lights outside. Brandon muttered under his breath, but after he saw Brykn's excitement, he came around and not a single curse word was said while he climbed the latter (after that I couldn't hear...). Brykn handled the lights on the bushes, helped us with the lights on our pillars, and was more than enough help managing the lighted candy canes. And, when it was all said and done, Brykn was SO proud of our house. He asked me why people hang Christmas lights and the best answer I could come up with was "So Santa will know where they live." From there forward, we don't pass a lighted house without Brykn saying, "Santa's gonna know where they live, huh mom?!"

No comments: